How to Apply for Utility Services
Listed below are the requirements for establishing residential utility service with St. George Utilities:
1. Complete the Residential Utility Application which covers service for electric, water, sewer, and garbage, in most St. George locations. Please submit a copy of a Driver's License, Passport, or state issued ID with each application.
2. If you have had prior service with the City of St. George, any outstanding balances must be brought current before services can be established at a new location.
3. All requests for electric or water service should allow 3 business days (Monday through Friday) for processing. Please check with the seller or landlord of your property to coordinate disconnect and connect dates.
4. If you are renting your residence, there is a $125.00 deposit required at the time of application for all residential services. For business deposits please call 435-627-4700
5. Electric service in the Bloomington and Bloomington Hills area is provided by Dixie-Escalante Rural Electric Association. Their office is located at 145 W. Brigham Road in Bloomington. We provide water, sewer, and garbage only in these areas. An application is required for these city services.
6. If the home you are buying is newly constructed, you will need to request a garbage container from Washington County Solid Waste. You may reach them at 435-673-2813.
7. We accept Visa, Master Card, Checks and Cash. Payments can be made online by clicking Pay My Utility Bill under the City Services menu.
8. CenturyLink provides local telephone service in our area. Service may be initiated by calling 1- 800-244-1111. Dominion Energy provides natural gas. Their phone number is 800-323-5517.
9. Curbside Recycle “BluCan”. Please have your BluCan out by 6:00 am on your pickup day (see http://www.blucan.org/map.html for the schedule). BluCan will be picked up every other week on your normal garbage collection day. Missed pick up, please contact Dixie Waste at 435-673-5610. For New container delivery, please contact WCSW at 435-673-2813. For billing questions, please contact the City Utility Office at 435-627-4700.
For additional information, you may reach our customer service department by calling 435-627-4700 Monday through Friday, 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.
Office Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00am – 5:30 pm