Aerobics Class Policies
1. Classes will start and end on time. Please be courteous to programs and classes following your class. We encourage you to stay in the building and socialize, however please exit the auxiliary gym when finished with the class
2. All equipment must be cleaned and returned to its proper location
3. Please sign in and pay for the class before attending.
4. Aerobic classes are $2.50/class.
5. Daily drop in fees are in addition to aerobic fees if you wish to use the fitness facility after your class.
6. No children in the class unless they are paid participants for the class.
7. Children 7 and under must be placed in the child care during aerobics classes. (Children under 8 must be accompanied by an adult at all times when outside of the child care.)
Recreation Center Fitness Facility Policies
1. You must be at least 14 years old to use the Fitness Facility. 14 and 15 year olds must be accompanied by a legal adult 21 years of age, or older, to ue the fitness Facility.
2. No food, drinks or gum of any kind.
3. Appropriate work out attire must be worn at all times in the fitness facility. Full t-shirt must be worn when working out on any strength equipment. No shorts or pants with zippers, belts, or exposed buttons. (Note: You will be asked to leave and change if seen wearing inappropriate attire.)
4. Shoes must be worn at all times in the Fitness Facility. All shoes must have closed toes. No flip flops, sandals or slippers will be allowed. (Note: Court, running or cross training shoes are recommended.)
5. No back packs, bags, purses, coats, or personal belongins can be brought into the Fitness Facility. (Note: Rec. Center staff and management will not be responsible for stolen items.)
6. Lockers are available on a first come, first served basis.
7. Profane or vulgar language and actions will not be tolerated in the fitness facility.
8. Wipe all perspiration from machines after use
9. Restack all weights on weight racks after use
10. Never drop a weight. (Free weight, or weight stack)
11. All equipment is to be used properly at all times. Equipment orientations are available upon request.
12. All participants must attend an initial orientation of the facility.
13. There is a 30 minute time limit on all cardiovascular equipment when others are waiting.
14. Spotters and Weight Collars are a must when using the free weights
15. All participants are required to treat the facility, fellow member and the Rec. Center staff with the utmost care, consideration and respect.
16. Shoes should be wiped off and clean before entering the Fitness Facility.
Recreation Center Racquetball
Challenge Court Rules
1. Challenge court is held on Thursday evenings from 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM on courts 1 & 2.
2. Challenge courts are open to all players and cannot be reserved.
3. Put your name on the board and challenge in either court 1 or 2. a. If you are the first to arrive, you are the first to be challenged.
a. b. If there are a wide variety of abilities, court 1 is considered Open/A level, and court 2 for B/C level.
4. Home should be played to 15 (11 if there are people waiting to play).
5. Winner stays on the court.
The Challenge board is essentially an ongoing 'league' for all to be involved. Intended to open the opportunity to meet new players, challenge others, improve your game, and build a better racquetball community. The board is located in the Racquetball Court Hallway.
Challenge Board Rules
1. If you want to be a part of the challenge board, simply put your name and phone number on a round tag (email on the back if you want to be contacted about future events, tournaments, etc.).
2. Hang your tag on the pyramids on the white board.
a. Your skill level determines your pyramid.
b. Expert to open level players on the top pyramid.
c. Mid-level players on the middle pyramid.
d. Beginners on the bottom pyramid.
3. Challenge players ahead of you, in your respective pyramid. If you win, switch places. If you lose stay at the same level. (To challenge a player use the contact information found on their tag).
a. If you feel you are ready to move up a pyramid then challenge someone in the next pyramid up.
4. All challenges are sets of two Home to 15 and if necessary a tiebreaker game played to 11.
5. Challenges do not have to be held on challenge court nights.
6. Tournaments will be held quarterly at the end of the month. (March 31, June 30th, September 29th, December 15th)
7. Players do not have to be on the challenge board to enter the tournament. (All players are welcome).
8. The top player on each pyramid, when tournament registration closes, will receive free entry into the tournament.
The goal is to create a great racquetball group and improve the overall level of play here in St. George. And most importantly to have fun! If you have suggestions, comments, etc. Please direct them to Chris Beckstead, Rec Center Coordinator at 435-627-4560