10 n Under Tennis / Ages 6 to 10
Days: Tuesday & or Thursday
Time: 4:30pm to 5:30pm (Beginner & Intermediate)
4:30pm to 6:00pm (Advance)(Team Orange is invitation only.)
Ages: 6 to 10.5
Location: Tonaquint Tennis Center / 1851 S. Dixie Drive
Orange ball clinic will be played on a 60’ court and 50% compression orange balls to help players improve their tennis game. Tennis rackets and court size are scaled down to the size of the youth players, allowing them to use proper technique. Orange Ball clinic stays within the parameters of the USTA 10 n Under national program.
4:30pm to 5:30pm / Level 1 - For beginner players with little or no tennis experience. Players in level 1 will learn the forehand and backhand groundstroke, parts of the court, court etiquette and scoring. See class syllabus on back.
4:30pm to 5:30pm / Level 2 - Players with some tennis experience who can demonstrate proper strokes at times. Players will continue to development forehand and backhand groundstrokes putting them on course for Team Orange.
4:30pm to 6:00pm / Advanced / Team Orange - Players who have achieved a level of ability that can handle full speed and court of Orange Balls and 60’ court. Players will continue to work on their forehand and backhand groundstrokes. Players will be introduced to the serve, volley and match play. Players are on course for Jr. Development Green Dot Balls. Team Orange is invitation only. Time is from 4:30pm to 6:00pm allowing for match play,)
Level 1 & Level 2 Syllabus:
- Week 1 & 2: Forehand Groundstroke, parts of the court, games
- Week 3 & 4: Backhand Groundstroke, court etiquette, games
- Week 5 & 6: Review of Forehand & Backhand ground strokes, introduction to scoring, and match play training.
Team Orange Syllabus:
- Week 1 & 2: Forehand & backhand groundstrokes, intro to serving
- Week 3 & 4: Intro to Volleys, continue practicing groundstrokes and serves
- Week 5 & 6: Singles strategy, consistency with groundstrokes, lots of serving. End of Session Tournament will play on last Thursday of each session.
Spring 2020 Schedule
Session I: February 18th & or 20th thru March 31st & or April 2nd (6 Weeks) (No tennis during Spring Break)
- End of Session Tournament (All Players): Thursday, April 2nd / Time:4:30-6:00 pm
Session II: April 7th & or 9th thru May 12th & or 14th (6 Weeks)
- End of Session Tournament (All Players): Thursday, May 14th / Time:4:30-6:00 pm
End of Session Tournament Description:
On the last Thursday of each 10 n Under session we will be holding a tournament. The tournament will be timed matches, round robin, or double elimination.Team Orange players (Advance) are required to serve. We believe that playing tournaments is what makes tennis fun, it allows the players to use what they were taught during the six weeks. The end of session tennis tournament will allow your kids to show off their skills..
NoTennis Clinic Dates:
March 16th-20th- Spring Break
April 13th- Spring Recess
*May 15th concludes regular hours. Summer hours begin June 1st