Please review the Special Event Application packet located under RESOURCES below for questions related to your event, permit fees, and how the approval process works. For temporary advertising banner or sign permit application forms, click here.
Special Event Applications may be submitted via:
• E-mail: email@example.com
• In-Person: City Hall - 175 East 200 North, St. George, UT 84770
Submit your completed application 45 days prior to the actual event date [3-10-4A]. This amount of time is required before your event date can be confirmed.
• Allow 45 days to process your application.
• Depending on the details of your event, you may be asked to attend a meeting to elaborate on your application.
• Insurance is required for all events held at a city park or facility. The insurance amounts required are found here. It is your responsibility to ensure you receive and provide to the City of St. George a Certificate of Liability Insurance in the required amount with all required endorsements PRIOR to your event. If you have questions about insurance, please contact City staff as soon as possible.
• There is a daily permit fee of $75 (up to 300 people), to $150 (over 300 people) for all events.
• Additional fees may apply for city services provided to the event by the City of St. George.
• All events proposing to be hosted in City parks should make reservations online https://www.sgcity.org/parkreservations/ and confirm payment by calling (435) 627-4530. Reservations must be secured in advance of submitting the special event application.
Useful phone numbers that may be necessary for your event:
• Food Handlers Permit: (435) 986-2580
• Large Tent Approval/Inspection: (435) 627-4150
• Park Reservation: (435) 627-4530
• Proof of Insurance Clarification: (435) 627-4605
• Street Closure/Encroachment Permit: (435) 627-4060
• Temporary Sign/Banner Permit: (435) 627-4098
• Temporary Utah Sales Tax Numbers for Events/Vendors: (801) 297-6303
a. Special Event Application, Special Event Permit, Encroachment Permit, and Sub-License Fees are collected at City Hall - 175 East 200 North, St. George, UT 84770
b. Park Reservation Fees are collected at the Parks Division Millcreek Facility - 390 North 3050 East, St. George, UT 84790
Questions: Call (435) 627-4712 or reference
|Special Event Application rev. 03-21-23 PDF - 10-23-2023||View Download|
|Special Event Vendor Liability Insurance Requirements 7.28.22 PDF - 09-19-2022||View Download|
|Certificate of Insurance Sample $1M-$2,3,4,or 5M PDF - 09-16-2022||View Download|
|Encroachment Permit Application Process PDF - 10-03-2023||View Download|
|Film Permit Application rev. 07-01-22 PDF - 09-16-2022||View Download|
|Ordinance 2023-03-003 PDF - 03-17-2023||View Download|
|Parade Application rev. 09-19-19 PDF - 09-20-2022||View Download|
|Security Plan Approval Request Form rev. 09-20-22 PDF - 09-20-2022||View Download|
|Single Event Alcohol Permit Application Packet rev. 07-01-22 PDF - 09-08-2022||View Download|
|Sub-License Fees rev. 07-01-22 PDF - 09-08-2022||View Download|