Search Results

Traffic Detour Information:
...r suggestions: Sgt Tyrell Bangerter  435-627-4386

Proud provider of American Red Cross Lifeguarding      :
...ion Fee: $150 For more information call Sand Hollow Aquatic Center at 435-627-4585.

Proud provider of American Red Cross Lifeguarding:
St. George City Pool250 East 700 South435-627-4584

City Pool:
  Visit the St. George Municipal Pool and ride the “Hydro-Abyss”.  The thrill ride features ever changing angles of the 330 foot long exciting water ride. The facility ...

Tumbling   :
...e St. George Recreation Center to set up a time with our Instructor. (435)-627-4560. 285 S 400 E St. George, UT 84770.

Safety Town:
Recreation Center(435)627-4560

Bond Forms:
...d and moved into title 10.  For forms regarding Bonds please call 435-627-4050.

Station Tours:
During this time we are not scheduling any station tours.    The St. George Fire Department gives station tours to schools, preschools, and other private organizations.  All tours have ...

Special Event:  • Fax:           435-627-4430 • In-Person:  City Hall, 175 East 200 North, St. George, UT 84770 Instructions: Please submit your application 45 days prior to the actual event date. This amount of time is required before your event date can be confirmed.• Allow 45 days to process your application.• Depending on the details of your event, you may be asked to attend a meeting to elaborate on your application.• Insurance is required for all events held at a City park or facility. • Please note that there is a daily permit fee of $75 (up to 300 people), to $150 (over 300 people) for all events. • Additional fees may apply for City Services provided to the event by the City of St. George. • All events hosted in City parks should make reservations online and confirm payment by calling 435-627-4530. Reservations must be secured in advance of submitting the special event application.  Useful phone numbers regarding permits that may be necessary for your event:• Food Handlers Permit: 435-986-2580• Large Tent approval/inspection: 435-627-4150• Park Reservations: 435-627-4530• Proof of Insurance clarification: 435-627-4605• Street Closure/Encroachment Permit: 435-627-4006• Temporary Sign/Banner Permit: 435-627-4712• Temporary Utah Sales Tax information: 801-297-6303    What is a Special Event? â€‹Chapter 10, Section 3-10-2:  Defines a "SPECIAL EVENT" as – A temporary event of any of the following or a combination of the following acts:A. Any athletic event, entertainment event, parade, carnival, circus, dance, musical event, rodeo event, fighting event, racing event, live shows, fairs, concerts, block parties, filming event, or outdoor sales event, whether held for-profit, nonprofit or charitable purposes held on private or public property within the city.B. Any organized assemblage at any public park, public square or other city property which gathers for a common purpose or event under the direction and control of a person or entity and which uses more services, amusement devices such as stages, inflatable devices or temporary structures, or equipment, whether provided by the city or a third party, than normally provided to groups which reserve park facilities or other city-owned facilities.C. Events held at the following are not special events under this chapter: 1. A building that has a business located in it that has a current annual business license as an event business;2. A building with an assembly group classification under the International Building Code, as adopted by the city, so long as the event does not exceed the posted occupant load as approved by the city and has a current annual business license, if required; and3. A government-owned facility. D. For purposes of this chapter, city events are not special events, however, events sponsored by the city are special events.A permit is also required for: a. Closing a public street; b. Blocking or restriction of public property, limiting the use of parks by the general public, and streets; c. Offer of merchandise, food, or beverages on public property or on private property where otherwise prohibited by ordinance; d. Erection of a tent on public property, or on private property where otherwise prohibited by ordinance; e. Installation of a stage, bandshell, trailer, van, portable building, grandstand or bleachers on public property, or on private property where otherwise prohibited by ordinance; f. Placement of portable toilets on public property, or on private property where otherwise prohibited by ordinance; g. Placement of temporary "no parking" signs in a public right-of-way.   Special Event Application Process: 1. The event applicant must complete and submit a Special Event Application and COVID-19 Event Planning Template to the Special Event Coordinator (SEC). The Special Event Application can be retrieved from the city’s website or can be picked up at the city office, 175 East 200 North, St. George, UT 84770. 2. Reservation of City parks will be coordinated with a Parks Division representative, who will research the proposed dates/times on the park facility schedule to prevent conflicts with sports and other activities. Please allow at least 5 business days for this process. 3. A Parks Division representative will approve the location/date, collect the Park Reservation Fee, and issue a reservation contract. 4. SEC will review the application and determine if the event requires "Committee Review" or "Non-Committee Review": a. Committee Review: The Special Event Review Committee (SERC) must review the application and meet with the applicant during a SERC meeting. Meetings are held on the first Wednesday of each month. The agenda is prepared by the SEC.  b. Non-Committee Review: The SEC reviews the application and will contact the applicant to inform them of which review process will be required.  5. Fees: a.  Permit Fees are paid at the City of St. George Office - 175 East 200 North, St. George, UT 84770 b.  Park Reservation Fees are paid at the Parks Division Millcreek Facility - 390 North 3050 East, St. George, UT 84790   Questions:  Reference St. George City Ordinance Title 3, Chapter 10 – Special Events, or call (435) 627-4712.

City Contacts:
Mayor and City Council Mayor Michele Randall - 435-627-4001 - Jimmie Hughes - 435-772-6208 - Bryan Smethurst - 435-231-9115 - Dannielle Larkin - 435-619-9971 - Gregg McArthur - 435-429-1000 -     City Manager Adam Lenhard - Communications and Marketing David Cordero - City Services Administration - 435-627-4000  Airport -  435-627-4080  Animal Shelter  - 435-627-4350  Building - 435-627-4100  Business Licenses -  435-627-4740 City Pool (700 So - 435-627-4584  Community Arts  - 435-627-4525  Community Development  - 435-627-4206  Economic Development and Housing - 435-627-4135 Engineering - 435-627-4050  Fire  - 435-627-4150  Leisure Services - 435-627-4500  Parks - 435-627-4530  Planning Commission - 435-627-4206 Police - 435-627-4301 Public Information - 435-627-4005  Public Works - 435-627-4050  Recorder - 435-627-4003  Recreation Center/ Programs - 435-627-4560  Sand Hollow Aquatic Center - 435-627-4585  Streets  - 435-627-4020  Suntran - 435-673-8726  Utilities  - 435-627-4700  Water/Energy Emergencies  - 435-627-4835  Water/Energy Conservation - 435-627-4848  For emergencies please call 911    City Council&nb...

..., Utah 84790   Daniel Morrison / Pretreatment Coordinator: (435) 627-4273 Juliette Curtis / Pretreatment Specialist: (435) 627-4284 fax: (435) 634-5846

City Squares:
Parks Division390 North 3050 East435-627-4530Fax: 435-634-5824

Reuse Center:   If you have any questions, please feel free to call (435) 627-4028 Reuse Center

Submit Police Reports:
...ent you want to report you can contact St. George Police Dispatch at (435) 627-4300 Welcome to the St. George Police Department Citizens Online Police Reporting System. Using this online citizen police report system allows you to submit a report to be reviewed by an officer. If the event you are reporting occurred within St. George City limits, please confirm the following to find out if online citizen police report filing is right for you:   Is this an emergency? Did this incident occur somewhere other than the City of St. George? Are there any known or potential suspects? Is there an on-going threat of violence? (Call 911 if happening now) Is there any apparent evidence that needs to be collected (Fingerprint, Footprint, Property)? Does the total value of the property stolen or damaged exceed $1,500 dollars? Does this involve a domestic partner (roommate, spouse, co-habitant)? Does this involve lost or stolen prescription drugs? If you answered yes to any of the questions please look at our Online Citizen Police Report Frequently Asked Questions section, or contact dispatch at (435)627-4300 to have an officer take your report. If you answered no to all of ...

Animal Services:
...ress is:   605 E Waterworks Dr. St. George Ut. 84770 Phone: (435)627-4350   Come Visit Us!   You can also visit us on our Facebook...

Investigations: on the web page. If you need to report a crime, please call (435) 627-4300.

Traffic Signals:
... Signal Information   City of St. George Engineering Division (435)627-4000    

Victim Services:
... you can reach them Monday through Friday, 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. at (435) 627-4399. If you are calling outside of regular business hours, please leave your name and number and someone will return your call during the next business day.    Instructions for filling out a Request for a Protective Order / Child Protective Order/ Stalking Injunction online.  Go to Click on OCAP-ONLINE COURT ASSISTANCE PROGRAM Set up a user name and a password (a new account). Remember to write it down. Look for the type of protective order you are seeking. Example: Protective order-Adult , Civil Stalking Injunction, Child Protective Order, etc. (click on the order that you are seeking.) Fill it out completely. Print it. Take it to 5th District Court and sign it in front of a clerk in the Clerk’s office. Return to 5th District Court when you are called and pick up your temporary order if it has been approved. If you have any questions or problems, please do not hesitate to call us. Victim ServicesSt. George Police Dept. 435-627-4399  

Hazardous Waste:
..., Utah 84790   Daniel Morrison / Pretreatment Coordinator: (435) 627-4273 Juliette Curtis / Pretreatment Specialist: (435) 627-4284 fax: (435) 634-5846

Birthday Parties:
...serve or for more information, call the St. George Recreation Center (435) 627-4560  

Energy Department:
...r dispatch service for maintenance and repairs for existing customers (435-627-4876), and also coordinates with the building department to hook up new...

Residential Vehicle Maintenance: St George Blvd Ste #1 (435) 673-7121 UOCC-0045 O'Reilly Auto Parts # 3762 A 1276 West Sunset Blvd (435) 628-1202 UOCC-0557  O'Reilly Auto Parts # 3798 A 931 North 3050 East (435) 627-1052 UOCC-0566  Riverside Service Inc. A 125 East Riverside Drive (435) 628-7800 UOCC-0129  Speed Lube & Car Wash A 435 North 1680 East #1 (435) 652-9560 UOCC-0441  Texaco Xpress Lube # 00212783 A 1090 West Sunset Blvd (435) 628-0200 UOCC-0128 Wal-Mart Tire & Lube Express # 3220 A 2610 South Pi...

Arsenic Information:
...after exposure to short-term, high doses of inorganic arsenic (Buchanan, 1962; Tay and Seah, 1975), there are no studies that definitely document this effect after exposure to levels of less than levels (50 µg/L) of inorganic arsenic in drinking water. There have been a few, scattered reports in the literature that inorganic arsenic can affect reproduction and development in humans (Borzysonyi et al., 1992; Desi et al., 1992; Tabacova et al., 1994). After reviewing the available literature on arsenic and reproductive effects, the National Research Council panel (NRC 1999) wrote that ``nothing conclusive can be stated from these studies.'' Based on the studies mentioned in this section, it is evident that inorganic arsenic contamination of drinking water can cause dermal and internal cancers, affect the GI system, alter cardiovascular function, and increase risk of diabetes, based on studies of people exposed to drinking water well above the current arsenic MCL. EPA's MCL is chosen to be protective of the general population within an acceptable risk range, not at levels at which adverse health effects are routinely seen (see section III.F.7. on risk considerations). In terms of implications for the risk assessment, the panel noted that risk per unit dose estimates from human studies can be biased either way. For the Taiwanese study, the ``* * * biases associated with the use of average doses and with the attribution of all increased risk to arsenic would both lead to an overestimation of risk (US EPA, 1997d, page 31). May 1999 Utah Mortality Study EPA scientists conducted an epidemiological study of 4,058 Mormons exposed to arsenic in drinking water in seven communities in Millard County, Utah (Lewis et al., 1999). The 151 samples from their public and private drinking water sources had arsenic concentrations ranging from 4 to 620 µg/L with seven mean (arithmetic average) community exposure conc...

...;will begin on March 6th! Please contact Sand Hollow Aquatic Center at 435-627-4585 to sign up for swim lessons at both Sand Hollow Aquatic Center and...

Automotive/Car Wash    :
..., Utah 84790   Daniel Morrison / Pretreatment Coordinator: (435) 627-4273 Juliette Curtis / Pretreatment Specialist: (435) 627-4284 fax: (435) 634-5846

Concert in the Park:
...blankets, lawn chairs, food, and the family. For more information call 435-627-4580. 2021 CONCERT IN THE PARK LINE UP April 12th  @7:30 PM&nbs...

Pickleball Leagues:
...irector for available open courts during leagues.  Please contact 435-627-4530 for court reservations.  

Business Licensing:
...3 of the City Ordinance, visit our office at 175 E 200 N, or call 435-627-4740. 

Pavement Management:
... your street please contact the St. George City Streets Department at (435)627-4020. As part of the Pavement Preservation program to keep the roads ma...

Planning Commission:
...mmission, please email or call 435-627-4206.   Planning Commission Members Nathan Fisher Elise West Ray...

St. George Regional Water Reclamation Facility Pretreatment Program:
..., Utah 84790   Daniel Morrison / Pretreatment Coordinator: (435) 627-4273 Juliette Curtis / Pretreatment Specialist: (435) 627-4284 fax: (435) 634-5846

County Dispatch - 911:
...o the citizens that we serve. The non-emergency line for St. George is 435-627-4301 and should be used to request an officer for a report, to report suspicious people or vehicles and any other occurrence that is non-life threatening. Things of an emergency nature where injury or death could be the result should be a 911 call to the Communications Center.    Non-Emergency Numbers St. George City,  435-627-4300 Washington County Sheriff’s Office,  435-634-5730 Hurricane City, 435-627-4900 Washington City, 435-627-4901 Washington County Burn Permit Website

Food Truck Guidelines: the attached documents for more information. Call our office at 435-627-4150 if you have questions about the State Fire Marshal's requirem...

Become a Firefighter:
...ot been contacted.  You are welcome to contact Human Resources at 435-627-4670 to check the status of your application.      PART-...

Planning Staff Review (PSR): 435-627-4206

Fireworks Information:
...hnics display permit, please contact the St. George Fire Department at 435-627-4150.    To report the discharge of fireworks in restricted areas please call the non-emergency dispatch number at 435-627-4300. For emergencies, call 911. 

Sign and Banner Permits:
Applications may be submitted via: E-mail: signs@sgcity.orgFax: 435-627-4430In-Person:   City Hall, 175 East 200 North, St. George, UT 84770 Ask a Question:  or (435) 627-4712 Code Info:

Curiosity Club for Kids:
Tonaquint Nature Center1851 South Dixie Drive435-627-4590

Tonaquint Nature Center: questions call the St. George Leisure Services Department at (435) 627-4500.  

Net Metering Information:
...I find my utility information?   Contact the St. George City at 435-627-4095 to request a copy of your energy use history.   Will the system be installed on the roof of my home, roof of an unattached garage or on the ground?   That is a question for your installer to answer.  You should check with the City Building Department to determine the requirements.  435-627-4000   Will the system include a battery bank to provide back-up power in the event of a utility power disruption?   That is a question for your installer to answer.      What are the fees and when do I have to pay them?   The fees and how they are calculated are listed in the Net Metering Appendix which found in the Resources section of the Net Metering page on the City’s website.   Can I install a solar PV system on my house?   Yes a homeowner or business owner can install their own solar PV system.  However, a licensed electrician will be required to handle the interconnection with the utility.  An individual installing their own system will need to follow the net metering program requirements.   How do I find a solar contractor?   St. George requires all solar contractors to have a City business license and to have completed the pre-qualified solar contractor class.  For a list of contractors that have met this requirement please contact 435-627-4095   It is recommended that you obtain more than one bid as part...

Burn Permit - Information:
...tions.     You can obtain a burn permit three ways. Call 435-627-4150 Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm Call Fire Dispatch at 435-627-4949 Obtain a permit online at Washington County's Burn Permit Re...

Apply for Utility Services:
...cation for all residential services. For business deposits please call 435-627-4700    5. Electric service in the St. George City south of Virgin River (Bloomington, Bloomington Hills, Little Valley, etc.) area is provided by Dixie Power.  Their office is located at 145 W. Brigham Road in St. George.  We provide water, sewer, and garbage only in these areas.  An application is required for these city services.    6. If the home you are buying is newly constructed, you will need to request a garbage container from Washington County Solid Waste. You may reach them at 435-673-2813.    7. We accept Visa, Master Card, Checks and Cash.  Payments can be made online by clicking Pay My Utility Bill under the City Services menu.   8. CenturyLink provides local telephone service in our area. Service may be initiated by calling 1- 800-244-1111. Dominion Energy provides natural gas. Their phone number is 800-323-5517.    9. Curbside Recycle “BluCan”. Please have your BluCan out by 6:00 am on your pickup day (see for the schedule). BluCan will be picked up every other week on your normal garbage collection day. Missed pick up, please contact Republic Service at 435-673-2821. For New container delivery, please contact Washington County Solid Waste District at 435-673-2813. For billing questions, please contact the City Utility Office at 435-627-4700.      For additional information, you may reach our customer service department by calling 435-627-4700 Monday through Friday, 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.     Office...

Recreation Center Policies:
...mments, etc. Please direct them to Aaron Harris, Rec Center Manager at 435-627-4560. 

CPR-AED Program and Information:
...ire about the fire department’s CPR/AED course, please call 435-627-4150 or send us an email using the link below. Child care providers, o...

Bloomington Generation Facility:
...stions pertaining to power generation, please feel free to call anytime at 627-4800.  

Sand Hollow Aquatic Center Birthday Party Reservations:
...s and we'll supply all the fun.To schedule your party today call us at 435-627-4585. (All packages include pool admission for up to 12 guests.)  ...

March 24th thru March 27th 2021  :
  Dates: Wednesday, March 24th thru Saturday, March 27th Ball: Franklin X-40   Events: *Please be aware age and skill events may be combined if not enough players *Match times will be ann...

Covid Small Business Relief Grant:
...ior to contacting the grant administrator. SBRG grant administrator: (435) 627-4766 or email   About the Grant The Small Business Relief Grant (SBRG) is a COVID-19 relief program for small businesses located in the City of St. George intended to provide financial relief for losses and expenses incurred due to the COVID-19 pandemic from the grant period of March 1, 2020 through August 31, 2020.   Grant eligibility is based on documented revenue loss of at least $500, and eligible CARES Act expenses between the grant period of March 1, 2020 through August 31, 2020. Revenue replacement is not a permissible use of SBRG Fund payments.   For-profit and not-for-profit businesses are encouraged to apply. Applications will be processed as they are received and awarded to eligible businesses for eligible reimbursable expenses up to $25,000. If grant funds are not exhausted in first round of reviews, additional funds may be awarded to eligible businesses that have eligible expenses that exceed $25,000.   The Small Business Relief Grant funding is provided through the CARES Act. Any business that has received prior CARES Act funding from any Federal, State, or Local source and is applying for the Small Business Relief Grant funding must not overlap in uses or time period of CARES Act funding with your Small Business Relief Grant request.   For example, if your business received Payroll Protection Program (PPP) funding for payroll expenses incurred from April 1 through June 30, 2020, that business can only apply to the Small Business Relief Grant for payroll expenses incurred between July 1 – August 31, 2020. By submitting your application, you certify that you understand and agree to this requirement for all eligible uses.     Completed applications will be accepted through Friday, October 23, 2020 and processed in the order they are received.   To be eligible, businesses must: ●       Have an active City of St. George business license as of March 1, 2020 ●       Employ 50 or fewer full-time equivalent (FTE) employees, including owner(s) ●       Have documented revenue loss of at least $500, for grant period March 1, 2020 – August 31, 2020. ●       Have NOT already received CARES Act funding for the same uses and time period from any federal, state or local source for COVID-19 financial aid  ●       Provide documentation verifying eligible CARES Act expenses     APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS   Please read all instructions prior to calling the grant administrator with questions.   (1)   Complete the application in full, including upload of all required documents.   (2)   Be prepared to enter your projected monthly revenue and actual monthly revenue from March 1, 2020 through August 31, 2020, along with one or more of the following supporting documents (make sure supporting documentation clearly identifies loss of revenue of at least $500 or more):   ●       Bank statements or deposit slips ●       Accounts Receivable receipts ●       Daily, weekly or monthly summary of cash receipts   OR Documents that show business revenues during the SAME period of 2019 (between March 1, 2020 through August 31, 2020), including but not limited to:   ●       bank statements  ●       deposit slips ●       weekly or monthly cash summaries ●       profit and loss statement (preferred) ●       copies of journals or ledgers showing gross sales and receipts ●       income statements generated through financial software (prepared by an independent accountant, if possible) ●       Tax returns (using a monthly average to total revenue)   OR   Documents that indicate projected sales that were cancelled THIS YEAR during the time period between March 1, 2020 through August 31, 2020, including but not limited to:   ●       Contracts for services that were cancelled due to closure (partial closure or complete closure) ●       For stylists, massage therapists, tour operators, artists, etc. – copies of calendars or other confirmed appointments that were cancelled and associated projected revenue ●       Accounts receivable reports from electronic accounting software   OR   If you cannot provide information from the same time period in 2019 or projected revenue for that time period for 2020, please provide documentation for average sales for 8 weeks from January 1 through March 1, 2020. This must be shown by providing one or more of the documents listed above.   (3)   Enter eligible COVID-19 related expenses for your requested time period between March 1, 2020 through August 31, 2020, along with supporting documents (provide detailed documentation clearly showing requested eligible COVID expenses).   What qualifies as an eligible COVID-19 related expense? Any of the following expenses that were incurred between March 1 - August 31, 2020, AND have not already been covered by CARES Act funding from another source:   a)      Mortgage, Rent or Lease obligations* b)      Utilities* c)      Payroll expenses d)      Unemployment insurance e)      Costs related to business premises modifications to protect employees or customers such as barriers, distancing signs, hand sanitization centers, cleaning and disinfecting supplies, etc. f)       Costs related to transitioning business operations for remote work g)      Costs related to protective gear and sanitization such as masks, hand sanitizer, and disinfectant h)      Other expenses that are business-related and would not have been necessary if not for the COVID-19 pandemic   * Home-based businesses are eligible to apply for Mortgage, Rent or Lease obligations, and/or Utilities based on the percentage claimed on 2019 income tax return. (documentation required)   Supporting documents include: ●       Receipts to verify expenditures ●       Paid invoices ●       Payment confirmations ●       Payroll register report     For help with the application, please call (435) 627-4766 or email Please read all instruction...

Hazardous Waste Pharmaceutical Rule:
...ny questions, please contact the St. George Pretreatment Department at 435-627-4273. SGRWRF Attn: Pretreatment Department 3780 W. 1550 W.  St. George, Utah 84790   Daniel Morrison / Pretreatment Coordinator: (435) 627-4273 Juliette Curtis / Pretreatment Specialist: (435) 627-4284 fax: (435) 634-5846

Food Service Establishments and FOG:
..., Utah 84790   Daniel Morrison / Pretreatment Coordinator: (435) 627-4273 Juliette Curtis / Pretreatment Specialist: (435) 627-4284 fax: (435) 634-5846

Junior Development Ages 10 1/2 to 14 Green Dot Ball :

Outreach Education Field Trip Information:
...tial dates with the teachers. Teachers may call Dawn Eide-Albrecht at (435)627-4573 with any questions. Insect Repellent/Sunscreen: You will be outs...

Outreach Education Field Trip Information:
...tial dates with the teachers. Teachers may call Dawn Eide-Albrecht at (435)627-4573 with any questions. Insect Repellent/Sunscreen: You will be outs...

American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor (WSI) Course:
...ed Cross programs. Participants must be 16 years or older. Please call 435-627-4585 to register for the class. Pricing Information$150/ participa...