On RED days, power demand is excessive, and resources may be limited. Please conserve energy as much as possible to avoid service interruptions. On a RED day alert there may be service interruptions if we cannot reduce demand on the power system.
- Don’t use electrical appliances such as, Clothes washer, Vacuum, or Dishwasher.
- Set Thermostat at 80 F or higher.
- Close the drapes to keep the heat out of the house.
- Avoid opening and closing doors to the outside.
- Make sure your pool pump is off.
- If you have an EV vehicle, make sure it is not recharging.
- If your power is interrupted, avoid opening the refrigerator. Most refrigerators will keep food cool for up to 4 hours if the door is not opened.
For more information, please click on the following links: