NOTICE OF ELECTRONIC REGULAR MEETING OF THE CITY COUNCIL
OF THE CITY OF ST. GEORGE,
WASHINGTON COUNTY, UTAH
Public notice is hereby given that the City Council of the City of St. George, Washington County, Utah, will hold an electronic regular meeting at the St. George City Offices located at 175 East 200 North, St. George, Utah, on Thursday, May 7, 2020 commencing at 5:00 p.m.
The meeting will be broadcast via Zoom. Persons who are allowed to comment during the meeting may also do so via Zoom. To login to the meeting you may do so by visiting: https://zoom.us/j/99873966843 or by calling one of the following phone numbers:
Meeting ID: 998 7396 6843
One tap mobile
+12532158782,,99873966843# US (Tacoma)
+13462487799,,99873966843# US (Houston)
Dial by your location
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
Meeting ID: 998 7396 6843
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/aclxWXAMu3
Instructions for participation will be given at the onset of the meeting.
The agenda for the meeting is as follows:
Call to Order
1. Comments from the public.
The Open Comment Period provides an opportunity to address the Mayor and City Council regarding concerns or ideas on any topic. To be considerate of everyone at this meeting, public comment will be limited to three minutes per person. Participants are to state their names for the record. Comments, which cannot be made within these limits, should be submitted in writing to the City Recorder at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Mayor and City Council encourage civil discourse for everyone who participates in the meeting.
Comments pertaining to an agenda item that includes a public hearing or public input should be given as that item is being discussed during the meeting.
2. Consent Calendar.
a. Consider approval of an Agreement to Purchase Real Property for a portion of Quarry Ridge Drive from the James G. Milne Family Trust.
BACKGROUND and RECOMMENDATION: This agreement is for purchasing 0.85 acres of property for the construction of Quarry Ridge Drive in the amount of $114,750.00, and compensation for damages incurred related to the acquisition of the property in the amount of $33,860.00. Staff recommends approval.
b. Consider approval of Amendment 8 to the Jviation Professional Services Agreement for Design and Construction Management of Various Projects at the Airport.
BACKGROUND and RECOMMENDATION: Amendment 8 of the Jviation PSA, dated January 21, 2016, is for the Snow Removal Equipment (backhoe and appurtenances) purchase at the airport. The purchase of the equipment is grant eligible and AIP 32 will cover a little more than 90% of the cost. The grant will also cover the same percentage of the services contained in Amendment 8. The total cost of the services provided in Amendment 8 is $28,045.00, of which the City's portion is $2,566.12 and will be funded used Passenger Facility Charges (PFCs). Staff recommends approval.
c. Consider approval of Amendment 9 to the Jviation Professional Services Agreement for Design and Construction Management of Various Projects at the Airport.
BACKGROUND and RECOMMENDATION: Amendment 9 of the Jviation PSA, dated January 21, 2016, is for the Pavement Maintenance and Drainage Improvement Project at the airport. The project is grant eligible and AIP 33 will cover 90.85% of the cost. The grant will also cover the same percentage of the services contained in Amendment 9. The total cost of the services provided in Amendment 8 is $222,692.60, of which the City's portion is $20,376.37 and will be funded used Passenger Facility Charges (PFCs). Staff recommends approval.
d. Consider approval for a new Hangar Lease with First West Aviation for Lot 1C at the Airport.
BACKGROUND and RECOMMENDATION: Fred Jones (First West Aviation) is requesting to release him from the lease that has been previously approved on Lot 51A in order to approve a new hangar lease on Lot 1C. No hangars have been built on these locations, and with this approval, Mr. Jones will be constructing a new hangar on Lot 1C. Staff recommends approval.
e. Consider approval of the Financial report for March 31, 2020.
BACKGROUND and RECOMMENDATION: The City has completed 75.00% of the fiscal year. In relation to that, the General Fund revenues are at 74.34%. Some predominant revenues affecting the overall revenue percentages are Current (Real) Property Taxes (101.31%) which is normal for this time of year; General Sales Taxes (77.32%), Building Permits (123.83%), and Class C Road allotment (83.37%). The General Fund expenditures are at 66.39% of the budget through March. Due to the COVID-19 economic crisis the City has implemented their recession readiness guidelines for the departments to follow for the remainder of the fiscal year. Staff recommends approval.
3. Public hearing and consideration of an amended final subdivision plat for Green Valley Subdivision No. 5 because 100% of the consents from the other lot owners within this plat submitted were not received.
BACKGROUND and RECOMMENDATION: This request is to consider an amended final subdivision plat for Green Valley Subdivision No. 5 because 100% of the consents from the other lot owners within this plat submitted were not received; This is located at the intersection of Canyon View Drive and Ostler Way; zoning is PD-R (for the lots being amended) and R-1-10 (for the remaining lots within the subdivision). Staff recommends approval.
4. Public meeting per Section 78B-6-504 of the Utah Code to consider whether to approve the acquisition through eminent domain property to be used for a roadway and temporary easement (SG-BLDR-1-7) to be used for widening River Road in the vicinity of 1455 South River Road.
BACKGROUND and RECOMMENDATION: The City obtained an appraisal showing the value of the right-of-way and temporary easement at $66,000. The owner, HZ PROPS RE, Ltd, has countered at $150,000 but has not submitted an appraisal or backup documentation which has been requested. The City hopes to be able to voluntarily purchase the property but due to the need to move quickly, the City is seeking authorization to commence an eminent domain action and is following statutory procedures, including this public meeting, in preparation of filing such action. Notice of this meeting was sent directly to the owner. Staff recommends approval.
5. Consider approval of a resolution authorizing assistance to the Riverwalk Affordable Housing project in the form of additional impact fee credits.
BACKGROUND and RECOMMENDATION: Riverwalk Village Development LLC and the City previously entered an Agreement to Defer Impact Fees related the affordable housing units known as Riverwalk Village. The agreement provided among other things that the City would defer impact fees related to the Development in the amount $316,622.46 with, $146,888.46 allocated to the electrical service impact fee. Developer has elected to increase the electrical service to the Development which will increase the electrical impact fee by $24,481.41. This resolution authorizes additional impact fee credits in the amount of $24,481.41. Staff recommends approval.
6. Consider approval of a resolution accepting and adopting the Preliminary Fiscal Year 2020-2021 Budget of the City of St. George and to set the dates for the required public hearings.
BACKGROUND and RECOMMENDATION: State Law requires the recommended budget to be presented to the Mayor & City Council on or before the first regular meeting in May of each year; and to adopt the final budget on or before June 30th of each year. Staff recommends approval of the resolution to accept and adopt the Preliminary Fiscal Year 2020-2021 Budget and to set the public hearing dates for the final budget as June 4th and June 18th, 2020.
7. Consider approval of a Hillside Development Permit for Desert Playa at Desert Canyons; located east of the proposed Desert Cliffs residential project and is part of the Desert Canyons Master Plan.
BACKGROUND and RECOMMENDATION: The property is proposed to be developed into a residential subdivision which will include approximately sixty-eight (68) residential lots. The Hillside Review Board and Planning Commission recommended approval.
8. Consider approval of an ordinance for a zone change amendment to the Sun River Commons commercial centers PD-C (Planned Development Commercial) zone to approve a credit union generally located at the corner of Sun River Parkway and Arrowhead Canyon Drive.
BACKGROUND and RECOMMENDATION: The developers of the Sun Rivers Commons Commercial Center would like to add this professional office building to the Planned Development commercial zone. The Planning Commission recommended approval.
9. Consider approval of an ordinance changing the General Plan land use map on the subject property from HDR (High Density Residential) to MDR (Medium Density Residential) and LDR (Low Density Residential) to COM (Commercial). The property is generally located west of master planned Southern Hills Drive and north of White Dome Drive.
BACKGROUND and RECOMMENDATION: In 2017, the land use map of the vicinity showed a variety of land use designations including Industrial, Commercial, Residential and Open Space. The larger subject property was master planned Industrial while the smaller piece was designated residential. The applicant proposed a General Plan amendment. The larger property was changed to High Density Residential while the smaller piece remained Low Density Residential. Commercial remained to the south and the Industrial property to the north was designated Medium Density Residential. The Planning Commission recommended approval.
10. Consider approval of an ordinance establishing Land Use designations on recently annexed property located south east of the Southern Parkway Interchange #7. Approval of the amendment would establish the property as a mix of LDR (Low Density Residential), MDR (Medium Density Residential), and FP (Flood Plain) land uses.
BACKGROUND and RECOMMENDATION: This request is for a General Plan amendment for LDR (Low Density Residential), MDR (Medium Density Residential), and FP (Flood Plain) land uses. The property was recently annexed into the City (11/7/2019). Upon annexation the property was automatically zoned A-20 (Agriculture 20 acres minimum), but the land must be assigned general plan land uses. The Planning Commission recommended approval.
11. Consider approval of a preliminary plat for a 6-lot residential subdivision called Monte Vista Estates located at the southeast corner of the intersection of 3210 East and 2000 South.
BACKGROUND and RECOMMENDATION: This preliminary plat is located at the southeast corner of the intersection of 3210 East and 2000 South. The Planning Commission recommended approval.
12. Consider approval of a preliminary plat for a 6-lot commercial subdivision called Southbridge Center Phase 1 located at the southeast corner of 1450 South and River Road.
BACKGROUND and RECOMMENDATION: This subdivision is located at the southeast corner of 1450 South and River Road. The Planning Commission recommended approval.
13. Appointments to Boards and Commissions of the City.
14. Reports from Mayor, Councilmembers, and City Manager.
15. Request a closed session to discuss litigation, property acquisition or sale or the character and professional competence or physical or mental health of an individual.
Christina Fernandez, City Recorder Date
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION: The City of St. George will make efforts to provide reasonable accommodations to disabled members of the public in accessing City programs. Please contact the City Human Resources Office, 627-4674, at least 24 hours in advance if you have special needs.