NOTICE OF REGULAR MEETING OF THE CITY COUNCIL
OF THE CITY OF ST. GEORGE,
WASHINGTON COUNTY, UTAH
Public notice is hereby given that the City Council of the City of St. George, Washington County, Utah, will hold a regular meeting on Thursday, August 8, 2019 in the Administrative Conference Room, St. George City Hall, 175 East 200 North, St. George, Utah, at 4:00 p.m.
The agenda for the meeting is as follows:
1. Consider award of bid to Royal T Enterprises for the JC Snow Park parking lot renovation phase II project.
BACKGROUND AND RECOMMENDATION: This project is a renovation of the second half of the JC Snow Park parking lot; earthwork, asphalt, curb & gutter, chain-link fence, and striping. This was a formal bid and three (3) bids were received. Staff recommends approval.
2. Consider approval of an Outside Reserve Agreement with Friends of Switchpoint for the Riverwalk Village affordable housing development.
BACKGROUND AND RECOMMENDATION: The City will provide $500,000 to Friends of Switchpoint to be kept in an outside reserve fund as required by the primary investor in order to finance the Riverwalk Village project. Staff recommends approval.
3. Consider approval of a Developer Advance Funding Agreement with Friends of Switchpoint for the Riverwalk Village affordable housing development.
BACKGROUND AND RECOMMENDATION: A $250,000 advance to Friends of Switchpoint is proposed to cover the costs of developer fees for the Riverwalk Village affordable housing development. Advancing these funds to Friends of Switchpoint allows all future operating revenue to remain available for Riverwalk Village operations. Staff recommends approval.
4. Consider approval of a resolution authorizing the execution and delivery of a Power Supply Agreement with Utah Associated Municipal Power Systems (UAMPS) and the Red Mesa Tapaha Solar Project Transaction Schedule under such Power Supply Agreement.
BACKGROUND AND RECOMMENDATION: The Red Mesa Tapaha Solar Resource will be a 66 MW solar photovoltaic generation facility to be located on Navajo Nation Reservation in southeastern Utah. This pricing includes renewable energy credits; the City will receive 27.748% of project output or 18.314 Mws. Staff recommends approval.
5. Consider approval of an ordinance to create an appeal process for the appeal of administrative decisions to an administrative hearing officer, including amending the ordinance for employee appeals to be heard by an administrative hearing officer.
BACKGROUND AND RECOMMENDATION: Currently administrative appeals are heard by a number of different bodies: board of adjustment, planning commission, city council, ad hoc committees, and review boards. This ordinance will allow all administrative hearings to be heard by an administrative hearing officer unless otherwise provided in the code. We are going to first amend the employee appeal ordinance to have employee appeals heard by an administrative hearing officer. Staff recommends adopting the new ordinance and the amended ordinance.
6. Presentation from the Gang Task Force.
7. Reports from Mayor, Councilmembers, and City Manager.
8. Request a closed session.
Christina Fernandez, City Recorder Date
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION: The City of St. George will make efforts to provide reasonable accommodations to disabled members of the public in accessing City programs. Please contact the Human Resources office at 627-4674, at least 24 hours in advance if you have special needs.