NOTICE OF REGULAR MEETING OF THE CITY COUNCIL
OF THE CITY OF ST. GEORGE,
WASHINGTON COUNTY, UTAH
Public notice is hereby given that the City Council of the City of St. George, Washington County, Utah, will hold a regular meeting in the City Council Chambers, 175 East 200 North, St. George, Utah, on Thursday, May 17, 2018 commencing at 5:00 p.m.
The agenda for the meeting is as follows:
Call to Order
1. Consent Calendar.
a. Consider award of bid to Feller Enterprises for the construction of the Crimson Ridge Neighborhood Park.
BACKGROUND and RECOMMENDATION: The project includes a restroom building, pavilion, playground, off street parking, trails and sidewalks, and a large open landscaped area with associated irrigation system. This was a formal bid and 5 bids were received. Award amount is for the base bid plus additive alternate #1. Recommend awarding the bid to Feller Enterprises in the amount of $804,657.70.
b. Consider approval of a Class A beer license for Terrible Herbst, Inc located at 4655 South Pioneer Road.
BACKGROUND and RECOMMENDATION: Timothy Herbst the president of Terrible Herbst, Inc. is requesting approval of a Class A Beer License. The Business License office has received all the required information including the background history of the applicant which has been found clear. The Class A license will be issued pending approval of the Certificate of Occupancy from the Building Department. Recommend approval of the license.
c. Consider ratifying the contract award to Competitive Excavation, Inc for the Tech Ridge trenching project.
BACKGROUND and RECOMMENDATION: This project is to install primary conduit on the west side of Tech Ridge. Approximately 7,000 feet of trench will be excavated. Originally meant to be done internally; however, site conditions and equipment limitations have resulted in the need for an external contractor. Time constraints prevented proper bidding procedures. Recommend approval in the amount of $74,238.
d. Consider award of bid for the outsourcing of utility data processing, print, mail services, and electronic bill presentment to DataProse LLC.
BACKGROUND and RECOMMENDATION: Proposals were opened for the outsourcing of utility data processing, printing, and mailing services for the City's utility billing. The lowest bidder with the highest qualifications was DataProse LLC. The contract will be for 3 years and was presented in our FY19 proposed budget. Recommend awarding the bid to DataProse LLC for the outsourcing of the data processing, printing, and mailing of the City's utility bills.
e. Consider approval of an amended cooperative agreement with UDOT for The Ledges Interchange improvements.
BACKGROUND and RECOMMENDATION: An agreement was approved for the Ledges Interchange Improvement project wherein UDOT would reimburse the City for the costs to design the project. Original agreement was for $40,000. The project has been bid and was awarded to Interstate Rock for $186,282. The proposed amended co-op agreement with UDOT increases the reimbursement amount to the City by $190,000 for a total of $230,000. The additional reimbursement amount covers the cost of the construction; this is a pass-through cost. Recommend approval.
2. Public hearing and consideration of an ordinance amending the general plan from LDR (Low Density Residential) to PO (Professional Office) on 5.42 acres located south of Dixie Regional Medical Center and east of Meadow Creek Estates, near River Road and 900 South.
BACKGROUND and RECOMMENDATION: This is a General Plan amendment request to change the existing land use from a low density residential designation to a professional office, which supports AP (Administrative Office) or PD-C zoning districts. Planning Commission recommends approval.
3. Public hearing and consideration of an ordinance changing the general plan from MDR (Medium Density Residential) to MHDR (Medium High Density Residential) on 3.01 acres located at approximately 1999 W Canyon View Drive.
BACKGROUND and RECOMMENDATION: A request to change the property from MDR (5-9 units per acre Medium Density Residential) to MHDR (10-15 units per acre Medium High Density Residential). It is anticipated that between 30-45 residential units could be constructed and units would be similar to Estancia Resort or to the Lofts. The Planning Commission recommends approval.
4. Public hearing and consideration of an ordinance change the zoning from A1 (Agricultural) to RE-20 (Residential Estate 20,000 sq. ft. minimum lot size) on 19.5 acres for Crimson Meadows RVSD. The property is generally located at 1600 South along 3000 East, on the east side of the road.
BACKGROUND and RECOMMENDATION: On March 15, 2018 the applicant requested R-1-10 on this property; however, the City Council denied the request. The applicant has modified the application and is requesting RE-20. City Code allows the City Council to determine if the application constitutes a significant change and if it can be considered prior to one year. The Planning Commission recommended approval.
5. Public hearing and consideration of an ordinance changing the zoning from OS (Open Space) to C2 (Highway Commercial) on 12.90 acres for Twin Lakes. The property is generally located north of the I-15 Freeway between Twin Lakes Drive and Red Hills Parkway.
BACKGROUND and RECOMMENDATION: This is a request to change the zoning. No development is proposed. The applicant is requesting a C-2 zoning; therefore, all development would be required to comply with the applicable ordinances, in regards to heights, setbacks, and uses. The Planning Commission recommended denial of the C-2 and recommend the zoning be Planned Develop Commercial (PD-C).
6. Consider approval of a conditional use permit to establish a residential facility for the elderly out of a single family residence located at 417 North 2480 East; zoning is R-1-7 (Single Family Residential 7,000 sq. ft. minimum lot size).
BACKGROUND and RECOMMENDATION: The applicant proposes to operate a Type I Assisted Living Care in a single family residence. It is proposed to have a maximum of four (4) elderly persons as residents who will be required to reside in the house.
7. Consider approval of the final plat for South Rim at Foremaster Ridge Phase 2.
BACKGROUND and RECOMMENDATION: This request is to approve the final plat for South Rim at Foremaster Ridge Phase 2, a 19-lot residential subdivision located at the west end of Howard Lane at approximately 1700 East and 1090 South; zoning is R-1-10 (Single Family Residential 10,000 sq. ft. minimum lot size). The Planning Commission recommends approval.
8. Consider approval of the final plat for Vineyard Ridge Phase 1.
BACKGROUND and RECOMMENDATION: This request is to approve the final plat for Vineyard Ridge Phase 1, a 29-lot residential subdivision located at the west end of Courtyard Drive at approximately 2360 West and 440 North; zoning is R-1-10 (Single Family Residential 10,000 sq. ft. minimum lot size). The Planning Commission recommends approval.
9. Consider approval to amend the final plat for Paragon Cove Townhomes at Stone Cliff Phase 6.
BACKGROUND and RECOMMENDATION: This request is to amend the final plat for Paragon Cove Townhomes at Stone Cliff Phase 5; zoning is PD-R (Planned Development Residential). The purpose of the amendment is to change the “Walkout Basement Note” to read “Lots 605-608 and 614-617 are to be built as “walkout basements” only, unless otherwise approved by the City of St. George Community Development Department based on a site plan that meets all applicable City standards, including but not limited to, grading and setback standards and requirements.” The Planning Commission recommends approval.
10. Consider approval of the preliminary plat for Dino Landing.
BACKGROUND and RECOMMENDATION: This request is to approve the preliminary plat for Dino Landing, a 6-lot commercial subdivision located on the southwesterly corner of the intersection of Mall Drive and Riverside Drive; zoning is PD-C (Planned Development Commercial).
11. Appointments to Boards and Commissions of the City.
12. Reports from Mayor, Councilmembers, and City Manager.
13. Request a closed session to discuss litigation, property acquisition or sale or the character and professional competence or physical or mental health of an individual.
Christina Fernandez, City Recorder Date
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION: The City of St. George will make efforts to provide reasonable accommodations to disabled members of the public in accessing City programs. Please contact the City Human Resources Office, 627-4674, at least 24 hours in advance if you have special needs.