May 10 - May 15
Several crews are working on the project to finish it by the end of June. Here’s a roundup of the different activities and milestones.
- Due to a supply chain issue, the bridge crews are waiting for additional rebar to finish forming the north end of the bridge. This delay has impacted when all of the concrete can be poured for the new bridge deck but not the overall project schedule.
- The south sections of the new bridge deck and adjacent structural components will continue to be poured this week.
- Crews are prepping the west side of River Road north of the bridge for new asphalt pavement.
- A team will be working a couple of nights this week in the intersection of River Road and Riverside Drive to complete necessary improvements. New traffic control will be in place while crews are working here.
- The extended Gravity Wall on the east side of River Road from Riverside Drive to the Virgin River Bridge is finished. Crews continue to complete a few punch list items.
- A new pedestrian access is being constructed at the River Road and 1450 S intersection. Access to pedestrians will be approved when it is safe to do so.
- New Curb, gutter and sidewalk was placed north of the bridge on the west side of River Road this week.
- Traffic will stay in the same configuration on River Road.
Crews are continuing to work day and night shifts to get the project finished on time.
The construction zone is from just north of the Riverside Drive intersection to south of the 1450 South intersection on River Road.