Special Event Applications can be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 435-627-4430. Please review the Special Event Application and process packet for questions regarding your event, permit fees and the how the process works.
See a brief explanation of a "Special Event" at the bottom of this page.
• Instructions and Requirements
• Special Event (General)
• Parade Permit
• St. George Police Security Application
Please submit your application 45 days prior to the actual event date. This amount of time is required before your event date can be confirmed.
• Please allow 45 days to process your application.
• Depending on the details of your event, you may be asked to attend a meeting to elaborate on your application.
• Insurance is required for all events held at a City park or facility.
• Please note that there is a daily permit fee of $75 (up to 300 people), to $150 (over 300 people) for all events.
• Additional fees may apply for City Services provided to the event by the City of St. George.
• All events hosted in City of St. George parks should make reservations online https://www.sgcity.org/parkreservations/ and confirm payment by calling 435-627-4530. Reservations must be secured in advance of submitting the special event application.
Useful phone numbers regarding permits that may be necessary for your event:
• Food Handlers Permit: 435-986-2580
• Large Tent approval: 435-627-4150
• Park Reservations: 435-627-4530
• Proof of Insurance clarification: 435-627-4605
• Street Closure Permit: 435-627-4006
• Temporary Sign/Banner Permit: 435-627-4206
• State of Utah Temporary Sales Tax information: 801-297-6303
What is a Special Event?
Article A, Sections 3-2A-1, 2: Definition of "special event" – Any individual or group putting on performances, exhibitions, concerts or other entertainment activities for which a fee is charged, either to the public or to the hiring entity, including, but not limited to, musical aggregations, circuses, carnivals, rodeos, fight promoters, racing promoters, displays and exhibitions, live shows and entertainers of any kind, shall obtain a license. (2003 Code)
a. Closing a public street;
b. Blocking or restriction of public property, limiting the use of parks by the general public, and streets;
c. Offer of merchandise, food, or beverages on public property or on private property where otherwise prohibited by ordinance;
d. Erection of a tent on public property, or on private property where otherwise prohibited by ordinance;
e. Installation of a stage, bandshell, trailer, van, portable building, grandstand or bleachers on public property, or on private property where otherwise prohibited by ordinance;
f. Placement of portable toilets on public property, or on private property where otherwise prohibited by ordinance;
g. Placement of temporary "no parking" signs in a public right-of-way
Special Event Application Process:
1. The event applicant must submit a Special Event Application to the Special Event Coordinator (SEC). The Special Event Application can be retrieved from the city’s website or can be picked up at the city office, 175 East 200 North, St. George, UT 84770.
2. Reservation of City parks will be coordinated with a Parks Division representative, who will research the proposed dates/times on the park facility schedule to prevent conflicts with sports and other activities. Please allow at least 5 business days for this process.
3. A Parks Division representative will approve the location/date, collect the Park Reservation Fee, and issue a reservation contract.
4. SEC will review the application and determine if the event requires "Committee Review" or "Non-Committee Review":
a. Committee Review: The Special Event Review Committee (SERC) must review the application and meet with the applicant during a SERC meeting. Meetings are held on the first Wednesday of each month. The agenda is prepared by the SEC.
b. Non-Committee Review: The SEC reviews the application and will contact the applicant to inform them of which review process will be required.
a. Permit Fees are paid at the City of St. George Office - 175 East 200 North, St. George, UT 84770
b. Park Reservation Fees are paid at the Parks Division Millcreek Facility - 390 North 3050 East, St. George, UT 84790