Listed below are the requirements for establishing residential utility service
with St. George Utilities:
1. Complete the
Residential Utility Application
which covers service for electric, water, sewer, and garbage in most St.
George locations. Please include a copy of your driver's license.
2. If you have had prior service with the City of St. George, any outstanding
balances must be brought current before services can be established at a
3. All requests for electric or water service should allow
2-3 business days (Monday through Friday) for processing. Please check with
the seller or landlord of your property to coordinate disconnect and connect
4. If you are renting your residence, there is a $125.00 deposit required
at the time of application for all residential services. For business deposits please call (435) 627-4700
5. Electric service in the Bloomington and Bloomington Hills area is provided
by Dixie-Escalante Rural Electric Association. Their office is located at
145 W. Brigham Road in Bloomington. We provide water, sewer, and garbage
only in these areas. An application is required for these city services.
6. If the home you are buying is newly constructed, you will need to request
a garbage container from Washington County Solid Waste. You may reach them
7. We now accept Visa and Master Charge for "in-person" utility payments,
as well as offer Electronic Fund Transfer from your designated bank account.
8. U.S. West provides local telephone service in our area. Service may be
initiated by calling 1-800-244-1111. Questar provides natural gas. Their
phone number is 435-673-7514.
For additional information, you may reach our customer service department
by calling 435-627-4700 Monday through Friday, 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.