Facility Reservation Permits
A Facility Reservation Permit is required for groups of 25 or more who want to use a park or trail or to reserve a section of a park such as a pavilion for a set day and time. Groups of 25 or more are required to have a permit, but do not need to pay fees if a reservation (set day and time) is not made.
Special Event Permits
A Special Event Permit is for a one time event such as a general event, sports tournament, concert, walk, or run in a park or on a trail. To make a reservation to use a park or trail area, you must call the Parks Maintenance Division office at (435) 627-4530. Permits are required for any event held on property under the control of the Leisure Services Department. Completed applications must be returned to the Parks Maintenance Division office in person no later than 4 weeks before your event.
To make a reservation to use a park or trail you must first call the Parks Division office at (435) 627-4530. Payment for fees, if applicable, must be paid before the reservation occurs and may be paid in person or by mail.
Permit Fees are as follows:
Pavilion or Park Area:
- $10 per hour for 1 - 100 people (2 hour minimum charge)
- $20 per hour for 101 - 200 people (2 hour minimum charge)
- Over 200 people constitues an event and is a special circumstance. Please consult with Parks office staff.
- $10 per 2 hours or $10 with a park reservation
- $1000.00 plus 5% of gross receipts
- $2000.00 refundable deposit (cleaning/damage)
- $50.00 processing fee paid before start of permitting process (fee will be applied to event fee)
Facility and Special Event Reservation Refund Policy:
Once a permit has been issued, no refunds are possible. Cancellations 24 hours before the scheduled reservation time can be rescheduled with a $5 processing fee. Rain outs will be rescheduled at no cost. A $5.00 processing fee will be charged to reschedule the date, time, or location of permit.
Sunbowl Refund Policy:
Once a permit has been issued, no refund is available for cancellation less than 14 calendar days from the time of the event. The processing fee will be forfeit for cancellation, change of date, time, or location of the permitted event.