The Public Works Department will enhance the quality of life in St. George through excellence in professional services and efficient management of infrastructure for the public and the City organization.
The Public Works Department will meet community needs by being helpful, competent and worthy of trust. We will foster cooperation and team work with every employee empowered to work as a member of the team to improve the way we provide our services.
1. We value honesty and integrity in our relationships, and we place a high priority on teamwork, trust, commitment and mutual respect to overcome challenges and achieve the objectives of the organizations.
2. We believe that we are ultimately accountable to the citizens and must serve them in a responsible, pleasant and helpful manner, recognizing both the needs of the community and the person.
3. We must be fiscally responsible in the use of public funds.
4. We believe that every employee performs an essential role and that adequate resources should be provided to enable them to adequately plan, operate and maintain City facilities and systems to ensure optimal delivery of public works functions.
5. We believe in encouraging and recognizing professional performance that assists in achieving our mission.
6. We have a duty to foresee the long-term needs of the community in order to provide conditions which will maintain a high quality of life in the future.
7. We are empowered to interpret, administer and enforce ordinances, policies, and regulations governing public works functions. We endeavor to use professional judgement and discretion in order to minimize adverse impact upon individuals and businesses while achieving the intent of the law.
Cameron H. Cutler, P.E. – Public Works Director
Cameron Cutler was hired by the City of St. George in 2007. He received his Associate’s Degree from Dixie College and his Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from Utah State University. He has gained engineering experience while working for local engineering firms and also for the City. His experience includes design of roadways, intersections, traffic, drainage, water, and wastewater systems. He has worked at the City as a project engineer, traffic engineer, and is currently the Public Work Director. He enjoys working with others and the challenges his job may offer him each day.
Cameron and his wife, Malynn, love St. George. It has been their home for almost all their years. Cameron and Malynn are happy and grateful to be able to raise their four children in the community where they were fortunate to be raised.