The Commission will:
- Recommend guidelines to the City for the support of the arts.
- Assist the City cultural planning policies.
- Render assistance to local schools to improve the quality of arts education at elementary, secondary and college levels.
- Support and cooperate in the operation of other physical facilities for cultural activities.
- Support existing arts activities.
- Assess future needs of the community for art activities.
- Recommend to the City the need for financial and logistic support when deemed advisable.
- Assist and over the availability and application for grant monies.
- Solicit matching funds from the community where necessary.
- Maintain contact with State and Federal agencies and councils that provide assistance to the arts.
"I had no idea that so many great and exciting things in the arts were happening here in St. George. There are opportunities just as great as we have along the Wasatch Front right here in Southern Utah."
-Beverley Taylor Sorenson
The St. George Arts Commission would like to thank the Young Electric Sign Company for their support of the Arts in St. George.